4 Days in San Gimignano, Colle Val D'Elsa and Chianti
- Chianti area
- San Gimignano
- Torrita di Siena
- Colle val d'elsa
- Radda in chianti
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 4 days and 3 nights at the Boutique Hotel LA LUPAIA ( or similar)
- Breakfast everyday in hotel
- 2 complete dinner in hotel
- 2 complete Lunch in restaurants selected by us, in Colle val D'Elsa and Chianti area
- Private car equipped with A/C for the entire duration of the tour as programmed
- Guided visit to a crystal factory
- Visit to San Gimgnano
- Visit to an olive oil mill and winery at Volpaia
- Olive oil and wine tasting at Volpaia
- Visit to winery at Radda in Chianti
- Wine tasting at winery at Radda in Chianti
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transfers to and from hotel upon arrival and departure (Private car or rail transfers can be arranged from other points in Italy)
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
Upon arrival at your hotel, you can choose how you would like to relax; choose to unwind in your room, enjoy a walk along one of the many surrounding trails, or simply take a break and enjoy a good glass of wine next to the magnificent pool.
That evening you will dine at the hotel's elegant restaurant where you will enjoy a variety of local delicacies and wines from the region.
After a delicious breakfast, your private car (and driver) and your personal guide will be waiting for you to begin your tour taking in the scenic village of Colle di Val d'Elsa, the first stop being one of the last existing crystal factories in Italy. You will have the opportunity to witness from beginning to end how master craftsmen create this beautiful crystal. You will discover the magic of glass blowing, a technique capable, with a simple breath, of transforming this incandescent material into an object of rare beauty.
After the tour, you will lunch at a beautifully unique restaurant with a menu created especially for you with some truly exquisite dishes.Next, your tour will continue on to San Gimignano where your guide will be waiting to show you the wonders that this medieval village has to offer: from its Basilica and frescoes dating back to AD 1100, to the town's famous towers; you will soon understand why San Gimignano has been described as "the Manhattan of the Medieval". Afterwards, you will return to your hotel and enjoy a relaxing evening and dinner in its magnificent restaurant.
Today you will taste the most famous wine in the world, Il Chianti Gallo Nero. Your personal guide will escort you to the village of La Volpaia in the Chianti hills, where you will visit a winery and sample four unique and different types of wine. You will lunch in the village before later departing for a tour of the oldest wineries in Tuscany, dating back to the 11th Century. Here you will taste the various typologies of Chianti from the Classical to the Reserve, a tour with a truly unique flavor.
Later that afternoon you will return to your hotel where you will be free to relax before dining in the hotel restaurant.
Begin the day with a leisurely breakfast before checking out late morning. From here, Dragonfly Tours can accommodate your specific ongoing travel needs including transfers to a nearby airport, rail station or your next destination – alternatively, why not choose to enjoy another of our "Italy MiniTours"