The Etruscan Civilization
- Necropolis of Banditaccia
- National Etruscan Museum in Rome
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Private luxury car equipped with A/C for the entire duration of the tour
- Private English speaking driver
- Professional licensed English speaking guide
- Entrance ticket
- No waiting in line
- Lunch in a restaurant chosen personally by us (complete menu - beverages not included)
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Meals not mentioned in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
This tour is designed to whet your appetite for some of the most famous examples of Etruscan tombs dating from the 9th century BC to the late Etruscan age of the 3rd century BC, from the confines of Cerveteri to the center of Rome.
After you've been cast under a spell by this location, you will be free to wander the historic streets of this town. Then it's lunch in one of the area's most famous restaurants. Set in the heart of this medieval town, the menu is specifically designed to showcase the best local products.
After lunch, you will return to the capital to visit, the Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia (the National Etruscan Museum at Villa Giulia), the most representative exhibition center of the Etruscan civilization that holds some of the most important creations of this period.
It also showcases a variety of astonishing and very valuable Greek artifacts, dating from between the VIII and V centuries B.C. The Villa is also of historical significance and worth wandering for it's many magnificent galleries.
You will then be returned to your hotel, satisfied in the knowledge that you have gained an insight into the Etruscan way of life.