4 Days: Sorrento, Naples and its Treasures, the Island of Ischia
- Island of Ischia
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 4 days/3 nights in one hotel of the chain 'Small leading hotels of the world' (or similar)
- Breakfast everyday in the hotel
- 3 complete dinners in the hotel (beverages not included)
- 1 Italian coffee in an historical, characteristic café in Naples
- 1 lunch in a characteristic pizzeria in Naples (beverages not included)
- 1 lunch (complete menu- beverages not included) in a restaurant selected by us in Ischia
- Private boat between Sorrento and Ischia R/T
- Private luxury car equipped with A/C for the entire duration of the tour as programmed
- Professional English speaking guide for the entire duration of the tours in Naples and in Ischia
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Municipality city tax at hotel - 2 Euro per person , per night in the period April/October- to be paid upon arrival
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
With this tour you will be able to explore the most beautiful and interesting corners of Campania without forgetting their delicious food
Arrival at the Hotel Excelsior Vittoria in Sorrento (Transfer can be arranged). Perched atop the cliffs, commanding a spectacular view of the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius, you can spend the afternoon relaxing in the lush private Mediterranean gardens that surround the property, dive into the splendid pool, or indulge yourself at the luxurious spa. Built over 100 years ago, this spectacular hotel evokes an atmosphere of a gracious private home and is said to have been built where Roman Emperor Augustus's villa once stood. That evening you will dine at the hotel's elegant restaurant where you will enjoy a variety of local delicacies and wines from the region.
Today you have the chance to discover Naples, the provincial capital of the Campania region. After breakfast your personal driver will be ready to take you to nearby Naples where our guide will help you discover this typically Mediterranean city, full of history. The walk through the historic center will be an unforgettable experience with its monuments and beautiful "piazze" (squares). You will also get to taste an excellent Neapolitan caffè as tradition dictates! The city of Naples and its coffee go hand in hand and it is impossible not stop to for a taste. Later, you will break for lunch at a Neapolitan pizzeria where you will enjoy genuine pizza, famous throughout the world. After lunch, pleased with all the sights you have seen in the city, your driver will accompany you back to your hotel, where dinner awaits.
Following breakfast you will be taken to the port to board your private boat and cross over to the Island of Ischia (45 minute journey time), famous since ancient times for its therapeutic thermal baths. Upon arrival you will be met by your driver and taken on a breathtaking tour, showcasing the enchanting landscapes and characteristic vineyards that produce some of the worlds best white wines. Next stop is for lunch at a restaurant serving excellent local cuisine accompanied by spectacular views of the sea. Later in the afternoon you will head back to your private boat and enjoy the short water-crossing back to Sorrento. Your driver will be waiting to drive you back to your hotel where an exquisite dinner awaits, allowing you time to ponder the many beautiful sights seen throughout the day and the disarming beauty of the coastline.
Begin the day with a leisurely breakfast before checking out late morning. From here, Dragonfly Tours can accommodate your specific ongoing travel needs including transfers to a nearby airport, rail station or your next destination.
If you have time we can arrange other "Italy MiniTours"in Veneto, Tuscany,Umbria,Latium or Campania & Amalfi Coast