4 Days in Umbria including Deruta, Montefalco and Assisi
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 4 Days/3 nights in the Relais chateaux Borgo dei Conti (or similar)
- Breakfast in Hotel
- Private luxury car equipped with A/C for the entire duration of the daily tours as programmed
- 2 dinners in the hotel (complete menu - beverages not included)
- 1 wine tasting of 3 "reserves" in Montefalco
- 1 lunch in restaurant chosen by us in Assisi (complete menu - beverages not included)
- Fullday Professional English speaking assistant on Day 2 (Deruta)
- Fullday Professional English speaking guide on Day 3 (Assisi)
- Services of the Spa of the Relais (Turkish bath, multi-sensory shower, color therapy, etc.)
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Municipality city tax to pay at hotel - 4 Euro per person , per night - to be paid upon arrival
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
- Private car or rail transfers can be arranged from other points in Italy
This tour offers the possibility to visit three of Umbria's most historical and cultural places that, for sure , will give you beautiful memories that will last a lifetime
Arrival at Borgo dei Conti Resort, just 15 minutes from Perugia (Transfer can be arranged). Originally a medieval village, it has since been converted into a luxurious inn set in 20 hectares of centuries-old forests and olive groves. You will delight in exploring the resorts amenities including swimming pools, an old church that is still in use, or simply relax in the luxurious spa. At the end of the day you will enjoy a magnificent dinner at the inn's restaurant where you will savor some of the specialties of Umbria and Tuscany, prepared by the chef with organic ingredients grown in the grounds of the resort
After lunch at the resort, your driver will chauffeur you to the nearby town of Deruta, famous for its splendid artistic ceramics, where you will visit one of the oldest family run studios in the town. Here, Goffredo, the owner will show you the secrets of ceramic painting and you will have the opportunity to create your very own keepsake. After this splendid experience you are free to wander leisurely around this artistic town before being accompanied by your driver to Montefalco, famous for its extraordinary wines, including the Sagrantino DOCG and the Montefalco Rosso DOC. That afternoon you will visit the most important winery in the area, where you will taste 3 different vintages and savour a delicious platter of cold cuts and local cheeses with "bruschetta". After this gastronomical delight, your driver will take you back to your inn where you may choose to round off your day relaxing in the magnificent spa before enjoying another spectacular evening meal.
After breakfast, your personal chauffeur will take you to the nearby town of Assisi, another important center of culture and Christianity in Umbria. Here your personal guide will be waiting to conduct a tour of this fascinating and mystical city famous for its celebrated Church of S.Francesco, listed as a World Heritage Site. Lunch follows in a truly exclusive restaurant immersed in the remains of an ancient Roman settlement dating back to 75 A.D. After what is sure to have been a unique and moving day your driver will take you back to the inn, where you are free to pass the rest of the afternoon and evening as you wish.
Begin the day with a leisurely breakfast before checking out late morning. From here, Dragonfly Tours can accommodate your specific ongoing travel needs including transfers to a nearby airport, rail station or your next destination.
If you have time we can arrange other "Italy MiniTours" in Veneto, Tuscany, Umbria, Latium or Campania & Amalfi Coast