4 Days in Umbria and Tuscany
- Cortona (Tuscany)
- Arezzo (Tuscany)
- Perugia (Umbria)
- Assisi (Umbria)
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 4 Days/3 nights in Relais chateaux Borgo dei Conti (or similar)
- Breakfast everyday in the hotel
- 3 Complete dinners in the hotel (beverages not included)
- 1 Complete lunch in Cortona restaurant (beverages not included)
- 1 Complete lunch in Assisi restaurant (beverages not included)
- Private Luxury car equipped with A/C for the entire duration of daily tours programmed
- Professional English speaking guide for the entire duration of the tour in Arezzo
- Professional English speaking guide for the entire duration of the tour in Perugia
- Professional English speaking guide for the entire duration of the tour in Assisi
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Municipality city tax to pay at hotel - 4 Euro per person , per night - to be paid upon arrival
- Meals non listed in "The Tour includes"
- Arrival and departure transfers
- All that is not expressly listed in "The Tour includes"
This tour incorporates visits to four of Italy's most historical and cultural destinations that will create unique memories to last a life-time.
Your tour will begin with the arrival at Borgo dei Conti Resort just 15 minutes from Perugia (transfer can be arranged). Originally a medieval village, it has since been converted into a luxurious inn set in 20 hectares of centuries-old forests and olive groves. You are free to explore the resorts amenities including the swimming pools, an old church that is still in use, or simply relax in the luxurious spa. At the end of the day, you will enjoy a specially designed dinner at the inn's restaurant where you will savor some of the specialties of Umbria and Tuscany, prepared by the chef with organic ingredients grown on the premises.
After breakfast at the resort, your personal driver will take you to the neighboring town of Arezzo, one of the most important towns in Tuscany, where you will meet your guide. Together, you will explore the city, including the magnificent medieval square and surrounding buildings. Your driver will then accompany you to Cortona, another important medieval village that boasts a complete panoramic view of the Siena hills and the nearby Trasimeno Lake. This will be followed by a delicious lunch in a characteristic restaurant in the historic center. The restaurant's location was originally the underground section of the II century Palazzo Cattani. Unique, refined and inviting with its walls in stone and ceilings in wood, the owner Romano and his wife will delight you with their characteristic local Tuscan cuisine. After lunch, you will be free to wander around this cultural and artistic city and later your driver will take you leisurely back to the inn.
In the morning, accompanied by your driver, you will be taken to nearby Perugia, where you will meet your personal guide. Together, for more than 2 hours you will explore this beautiful, historic and artistic city. After your tour, your driver will take you to Assisi, another cultural center in Umbria, famous for its celebrated Church of S.Francesco, listed on the World Heritage Site. Lunch will be in what is surely one of the most characteristic restaurants in town, procured from the interior of an ancient Roman settlement dating back to 75 B.C. . After this unique gastronomical and cultural experience, your guide will accompany you on the discovery of this characteristic town. In the late afternoon, at about 5:00 pm your driver will take you back to the inn, where you may end your day relaxing in the magnificent spa, in anticipation of another spectacular dinner.
After a late morning check-out, Dragonfly Tours, can accommodate your specific on-going travel needs including transfers to the nearby airport, rail station or your next destination.
If you have time we can arrange other "Italy MiniTours" in Veneto,Tuscany,Umbria,Latium,Campania & Amalfi Coast