10 Days in Apulia
- Special lunch in a typical “Masseria”
- Monopoli and its Artisans shop
- Trulli in Alberobello
- Martina Franca with its Baroque Style
- Polignano a Mare
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 3 nights at Risorgimento Resort 5***** in Lecce or similar (1 Double Deluxe Room) ( Included services: Welcome gift - Use of gym - 10% discount on all in-house restaurant meals- 15% off all SPA treatments)
Dragonfly Tours Amenities:
- Complimentary room upgrade subject to availability, on arrival
- 3 nights at Il Melograno 5****** in Monopoli or similar (1 Double Deluxe room)
Dragonfly Tours Amenities:
- Complimentary room upgrade subject to availability, on arrival
- - Heated swimming pool & Outdoor swimming pool (with sun beds and towels)
- - Tennis court & Paddle field
- - Sauna & Steam bath
- - 1 welcome cocktail per person, 1 bottle of olive oil , 1 bottle of mineral water per person on arrival
- - Use of gym
- - Shuttle service from/to the beach (from June to September)
- - 20% discount for beach entrance
- 3 nights at Relais La Sommità 5***** in Ostuni (1 Double Deluxe Room)
- Breakfast at the hotels
- Private English speaking Assistant for the meet & greet at the airport
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car from the airport to your hotel
- Light lunch on arrival day
- Private, English speaking guide for the half day walking tour in Lecce
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car for the full day excursion to Otranto and Gallipoli
- Private, English speaking guide for the full day excursion to Otranto and Gallipoli
- Lunch in a noble palace on July 29th
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car for the transfer from Lecce to Il Melograno with stop at Masseria Il Frantoio near Ostuni
- Light Lunch on July 30th
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car for the tour of Alberobello and Martina Franca
- Private, English speaking guide for the full day excursion to Alberobello and Martina Franca
- light lunch in Alberobello
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car for the PM/evening excursion to Polignano
- Dinner reservation at the Restaurant in Polignano a Mare (to be paid separately directly at the restaurant) cost of the menu starting from Euro 60 per person approx.
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car for the transfer from Hotel il Melograno to your hotel in Ostuni
- Private, English speaking guide for the half day walking tour in Ostuni
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car for the excursion to Masseria Salamina for the tasting experience.
- Tasting experience at Masseria Salamina
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car for the excursion to the cheese factory for the Burrata experience.
- Burrata class and Light lunch at the cheese factory
- Private (basic English speaking) driver with luxury car for the transfer from the Hotel in Ostuni to Bari airport (50 min approx.)
Day 1– Bari: Arrival and transfer to Lecce
Upon arrival at Bari Airport, you will be greeted by your private English speaking assistant who will escort you to your private driver and stay at your disposal during the transfer to your hotel in the center of the beautiful Lecce: Risorgimento Resort 5*****. We will reserve for you 1 Double deluxe room. Check-in and rest of the day to relax.
On the way you will stop at a traditional Masseria to enjoy a light lunch/food tasting before heading to your hotel in Lecce.
Day 2– Lecce: Guided walking tour of the historical center
After breakfast, meet your private English speaking guide at your hotel. Today you will visit the historical center of Lecce and discover the history and art of the Florence of Southern Italy. You will discover a city that since the Renaissance is literally covered with art. It is the religious fervor of the counterreformation to transform the face of Lecce, the seat of the most powerful religious orders who engage generations of stonemasons for centuries to glorify themselves and the Church triumphant through redundant architecture and excessive authentic ephemeral glory. You will admire Piazza del Duomo: imposing as a fortress but decorated like an embroidery thanks to the warm colors of the famous local stone. The square form an authentic backdrop born to amaze the visitor where the eye is deceived by an abundant decoration. In the same square there are the majestic facades of the Cathedral, the Bishop’s Palce and the seminary and in the end the high bell tower which dominates all, the square and the city. Continue to the Church of St. Irene first patron of Lecce to arrive in Piazza Sant’Oronzo ancient heart of the city center, gutted in ’900 to unearth a Roman amphitheater dating from the second century BC of the few traces of Roman Lupiae. Continuing the walk in the old town you will reach the Church of San Matteo Baroque shapes but still full of innovative solutions. After seeing the Roman theater, the tour continues with a visit to the castle to finally arrive to admire the Basilica of Santa Croce masterpiece and symbol of the Lecce-baroque, built in about 150 years during the Spanish domination. After the tour spend the rest of the day at your own disposal.
Day 3– Lecce /Otranto & Gallipoli
Breakfast at your hotel. Meet your private driver and start an interesting excursion exploring the Salento.
First stop will be Otranto, where you will know its Greek, Roman, and Byzantine history and see the major attractions of the city with your private English speaking guide. Marvel at the Norman cathedral with its mosaic floor, see the bones of the Martyrs of Otranto, and more. Described as the “Gateway to the East” and the most Oriental of all Italy’s cities, Otranto was founded by Greeks from Crete thousands of years ago.
Discover the Norman cathedral, consecrated in 1088 and still the largest Romanesque building in Apulia. Admire the mosaic floor, formed of thousands of pieces of stone that depict scenes from the Old Testament and figures from Breton legends. Admire columns that are said to have come from a Temple of Minerva, and the bones and relics of the Martyrs of Otranto, who perished in the 15th-century siege of the city. Marvel at the 42 marble columns that support the crypt, and more.
Continue to the Church of St. Peter and the Aragonese Castle, reinforced by Emperor Frederick II and rebuilt by Alphonso II of Naples in 1485-1498. Look at the irregular plan of 5 sides, with a moat that runs along the entire perimeter.
Lunch will be at a well known Masseria in a palace that belonged to a noble family. (a cooking class could be organised as well).
After lunch you will be transferred to Gallipoli and visit the old town.
The old town, ringed by the remains of its muscular 14th-century walls is the best place to linger. It’s punctuated by several baroque chapels, a traditional fishing port, a windswept sea drive, and narrow lanes barely wide enough to accommodate a Fiat cinquecento (500).
In the evening, you will be back at your hotel in Lecce.
Day 4– Lecce /Monopoli
Breakfast and check out at your hotel.
Meet your private English speaking driver and transfer to Masseria il Frantoio, for an oil tasting experience and a delicious light lunch.
After lunch transfer to your Relais in Monopoli: Il Melograno 5*****. We will reserve for you 1 Double deluxe room. Check in and time at leisure.
In the afternoon, free time at leisure to explore the nearby small town of Monopoli, full of artisan shops and great restaurants. The town can be reached in 10 minutes by taxi.
Day 5– Monopoli/ Alberobello/Martina Franca
Breakfast at your hotel.
Meet your private English speaking driver and your private guide at your hotel and transfer to Alberobello. On this walking tour you will discover the origins and features of the Trulli which were built centuries ago in this valley, yet can be found nowhere else on Earth. You will visit the residential district of Aia Piccola, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the heart of the city of the trulli. Here you will find Trulli of different sizes in various shades of gray and will be able to get a closer look at stone construction of these houses. You will discover when and why the trulli were first built and how they have become the unique symbol of the Itria Valley.
After the visit, meet your private driver and transfer to a nearby Masseria for a tasting and delicious light lunch.
After lunch, transfer to Martina Franca.
One of the most elegant city in Apulia, close to the south-eastern area of the Murge, Martina Franca appears as an ancient town marked by narrow alleys and popular courtyards, where it is beautiful to venture and admire the beauties of its Baroque. The elegance of its architecture makes the city precious; the Baroque style is everywhere: in the palaces, the portals, the windows, the balconies and their railings.
After the visit, late in the afternoon, transfer back to your hotel and rest of the evening at leisure.
Day 6–Monopoli/Pm Polignano a Mare
Breakfast at the hotel and free morning at leisure.
In the late afternoon meet your private driver and transfer to Polignano a Mare, visit of the small town, a striking town located on the Adriatic Sea. Native city of the world known first Italian songwriter Domenico Modugno for his international hit song "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)”. Its Old Town is on cliffs overlooking the sea, where balconies and flowered tiny streets offer a truly poetic and emotional scenery. The area was settled since prehistoric times and remains of the Roman domination include the bridge on the Via Traiana. Polignano was awarded the Blue Flag, certification by the FEE, for its high environmental and water quality standards.
In the evening, dinner will be reserved for you at a well known Restaurant. (a la carte meal- to be paid locally)
After dinner, transfer back to your hotel.
Day 7– Monopoli/ Ostuni – PM guided walking tour
Breakfast at your hotel and check out. Meet your private driver for a transfer to your centrally located luxury hotel in Ostuni: Relais La Sommità 5*****. We will reserve for you 1 Double deluxe room. Check in and lunch at leisure.
In the afternoon, meet your private guide at the hotel for a 3 hour walking tour. You will walk through the town’s narrow alleyways, so to admire the flowers that adorn the old balconies and enjoy the views that stretch out from the terraces. Following the walls' circular structure built in the XIV century, narrow streets, arches and stairways join Ostuni's tiny dwellings to the highest point of the town’s medieval settlement, where a castle was located. Enjoy some free time for a stroll or seat in one of the many caffetteria and enjoy an "espresso" or "gelato".
After the guided tour spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 8- Monopoli/ Ostuni
After breakfast at the hotel, meet your private driver for half day tour, you will stop for a food tasting experience at Masseria Salamina, near Fasano.
Here you will find a place rich with history and fascination in which ancient farming is united with authentic hospitality. Battlements, dry stone walls, olive groves and the azure blue sea will cause you to fall in love with this unique estate. Here it will be possible to discover the superior class of an authentic extra virgin olive oil which they produce. After lunch transfer back to your hotel in Ostuni and rest of the day at leisure.
Day 9– Burrata experience
Breakfast at your hotel. Meet your private driver for a direct transfer to the location for your burrata experience. You will experience how this typical cheese is made and «create» your own burrata cheese. Light lunch and transfer back to your hotel after lunch.
Day 10- Departure
After breakfast and check out, meet your private driver for a transfer to the airport in Bari.