VENICE: The History of Venetian Cuisine and lunch in a private home
- Lunch in a Venetian private household
- Canals of Cannaregio
- Dorsoduro area, Zattere area, Accademie area
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Walking tour of the Venetian streets with professional English speaking guide for the entire duration of the tour
- Visit to the "bacari" (characteristic Venetian tavern)
- Coffee break in a splendid private Venetian residence
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- "Cicchetti" and wine tasting
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
NB: transfers to and from your accommodation can be arranged upon request.
This tour is designed for those who are keen to explore beyond the typical, well-known areas of Venice; the places that are characteristic of daily life for many Venetian families.
With your guide you will wander through a number of typical back streets and along quiet canals to the "rioni" (neighborhoods) and the canals of Cannaregio, the district that hosts the very first Jewish Ghetto in Europe. Established in 1516 and operative for more than two and a half centuries, this is a fascinating historical area of Venice worth exploring. You will then wander to Dorsoduro and the area of the Zattere and the Accademie, considered the most exclusive areas of the city, housing rare examples of modern Venetian residential architecture.
But the real specialty of this tour is the visit to a traditional home, where a "Signora Veneziana" (a typical Venetian lady) will prepare a homemade meal based on Venetian traditions while fascinating and entertaining you with stories and information that only a true Venetian could know. An enriching experience of culinary art and local knowledge.A unique experience, unrepeatable and exclusive that will satisfy your own tastes... visual as well as of the palate.