Villages, Castles and Plant life in the Latium countryside
- Bracciano and Odescalchi Castle
- Cerveteri and Necropolis of Banditaccia
- Palo Laziale and Castello Odescalchi of Palo
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Private luxury car equipped with A/C for the entire duration of the tour
- Private English speaking driver
- Professional licensed English speaking guide
- Entrance ticket
- No waiting in line
- Restaurant chosen by us personally for lunch (complete menu- beverages not included)
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Meals not mentioned in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
On this tour you will explore some of the villages and castles in the Latium region, and enjoy its fine dining and picturesque countryside. Latium is the region of central western Italy in which the city of Rome was founded and the surrounding area is home to many celebrated works of art and architecture.
This feudal dwelling whose construction began in the second half of the 15th century was once an important cultural hub. Today it is also the setting for many VIP weddings, including that of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.
After leaving Odescalchi Castle you will continue on to Cerveteri (a well-known Etruscan city) where you can visit the Necropolis of the Banditaccia that has an approximate extension of 400 acres, including thousands of burial places dating back to the Villanovan and Etruscan periods.
You will then enjoy a delicious lunch in one of the regions most famous restaurants. Following lunch you will be accompanied to Palo Laziale, a splendid little town that was recently discovered as the place of death of Caravaggio, in 1610.
The tour ends with a visit to the Castello Odescalchi di Palo, after which you will depart for your hotel, enriched both culturally and gastronomically.