Riding horses like the Romans
- Park of the 'Appia Antica' (Ancient Appian way)
- Circus Maximus
- Bocca della Verità (Mouth of the Truth)
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Driver to and from hotel
- Expert guide dedicated to you for the entire duration of the tour
- Visit to the Appia Antica on horseback
- Food and wine tasting at the lodge upon return
- Lunch in an historic restaurant situated on the Appia Antica (complete menu - wine not included)
- Return to the hotel with a brief stop at Circus Maximus and the famous Bocca della Verità
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Riding dress/wear
- All that is not expressly stated in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
- It is advised to wear appropriate clothing for this activity
- It is possible to extend the duration of the visit for a slight extra charge
Your journey begins on horseback from the center of Rome through the Parco dell'Appia Antica along the Appian Way, the earliest and strategically most important Roman road. It is this famous road that probably resulted in the expression "all roads lead to Rome". You will be able to soak up the atmosphere, reliving the sensations from 2,000 years ago where travelers journeyed to the heart of the Roman Empire from ancient Greece.
In fact, soon after dismounted your horse, our friend, Sandro will offer you the traditional good glass of wine and taste of local food, just before stopping at a traditional Roman restaurant to enjoy some local cuisine.
After lunch, returning to Rome by car, you will visit the site of the most historical games of ancient Rome, the Circus Maximus, followed by a stop at the Bocca della Verità (the Mouth of Truth)...knowing full well that at this point you have nothing more to hide.
We are sure that you will return home with a unique experience to tell to your friends and family.