Assisi and Bevagna
- Town center of Bevagna
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- Luxury car equipped with A/C with English speaking driver for the entire duration of the tour
- Licensed, professional, English speaking guide at Assisi and Bevagna (4 hours)
- Lunch (3 courses with beverages included)
- Entrance tickets at Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Compulsory earphones for the inside visit of the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
- Entrance tickets at City Museum, Torti theatre and Ancient Roman therms in Bevagna
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
There is a region in Italy...
There is a region in Italy that, due to its location, is considered the heart of the country; the only region that doesn't border either other foreign countries or the sea. Umbria: spectacular, evocative, unique...After a good breakfast in your hotel your chauffeur will take you to your first stop: Assisi, famous throughout the world for its Basilica di San Francesco, one of Italy's patron saints (together with Santa Caterina da Siena).
The Basilica, besides its religious importance, is also a treasure chest of truly amazing and valuable art: from the frescoes of Giotto, which recount the stories of this saint who talked with the animals, to many other minor artists.
After visiting this church, you will be free to wander around the city and be swept away by its marvelous architecture. Later you will depart for Bevagna, considered one of the "most beautiful villages in Italy." Here you will lunch in a specially selected restaurant packed full of character. Enjoy a selection of dishes made from typical Umbrian ingredients revised to reflect contemporary taste, accompanied by excellent local wines such as the Rosso di Montefalco and the Sagrantino.
Next you will have the chance to explore the streets of this delightful town bursting with medieval charm as if time had stood still. From the shops to the colors, the fragrances to the flavors, this is truly an experience not to be forgotten.
At the end of the day you will be chauffeured in luxury back to your hotel, having spent a wonderful day soaking up the legendary Umbrian hospitality.