4 Days in Sorrento and its Charming Surroundings: Amalfi and Ravello
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 4 Days / 3 nights in a hotel of the chain 'Small leading hotels of the World' (or similar)
- Breakfast everyday in the hotel
- 2 complete dinners in the hotel (complete menu - beverages not included)
- 1 dinner in a restaurant selected by us in Sorrento (complete menu - beverages not included)
- 1 lunch in the hotel (complete menu - beverages not included)
- 1 lunch in a restaurant selected by us in Amalfi (complete menu - beverages not included)
- Private luxury car equipped with A/C for the entire duration of the daily tours as programmed
- Professional English speaking guide for the entire duration of the tours in Ravello and Amalfi
- Professional English speaking assistant for transfer on foot to the Tarsia Museum and after to the Caruso restaurant for dinner
- Professional English speaking guide within the Tarsia Museum at Sorrento
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Municipality city tax at hotel - 2 Euro per person , per night in the period April/October- to be paid upon arrival
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
This tour incorporates part of Italy's most well known stretch of coastline, visiting historic and cultural destinations that will create unique memories that will last a lifetime
Arrival at the Hotel Excelsior Vittoria in Sorrento (Transfer can be arranged). Perched atop the cliffs, commanding a spectacular view of the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius, you can spend the afternoon relaxing in the lush private Mediterranean gardens that surround the property, dive into the splendid pool, or indulge yourself at the luxurious spa. Built over 100 years ago, this spectacular hotel evokes an atmosphere of a gracious private home and is said to have been built where Roman Emperor Augustus's villa once stood. That evening you will dine at the hotel's elegant restaurant where you will enjoy a variety of local delicacies and wines from the region.
After enjoying breakfast at this breathtaking hotel your personal driver will chauffeur you along the charming scenic route to the nearby city of Ravello, the city of music. Set on the Amalfi Coast in an area of extraordinary natural beauty, your private guide will accompany you on a tour of this beautiful town, including its Romanesque Cathedral, before you continue to the nearby town of Amalfi, one of the oldest maritime republics. Lunch is at a Michelin starred restaurant that will amaze you with its history, beauty – and menu! After lunch you and your guide can spend time exploring this splendid Cliffside town, unlocking its fascinating history, including local ceramics which date back to ancient times and the Duomo di S. Andrea. Later that afternoon your driver will transport you back to your picturesque hotel in Sorrento where dinner will be served.
This morning you are free to relax and explore this spectacular hotel and take full advantage of its wonderful facilities, or alternatively explore vibrant Sorrento. After lunch, your personal guide will take you on a journey of discovery at the Bottega/Museo della Tarsia (The Museum workshop of wooden inlay). This unique museum is rarely seen by visitors to the region ensuring you have a unique opportunity to see first hand the historic, artisanal artists of Sorrento and their modern production of contemporary objects of design. The day will draw to a close with dinner at one of the city's most historic restaurants where you will enjoy the best of Neapolitan cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Begin the day with a leisurely breakfast before checking out late morning. From here, Dragonfly Tours can accommodate your specific ongoing travel needs including transfers to a nearby airport, rail station or your next destination.
If you have time we can arrange other "Italy MiniTours" in Veneto,Tuscany,Umbria,Latium or Campania & Amalfi Coast