10 Days: Rome, Tuscany and Umbria
- Rome: Colosseum, Imperial Fora
- Rome: Domus Romana (Ancient Roman Houses)
- Rome: Castle of the Holy Angel and Janiculum
- Roma: Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- Siena: Piazza del Campo and the Duomo&am
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 4 nights at the Splendide Royale in Rome 5 star (or similar)
- 3 nights at the boutique hotel La Lupaia in the Sienese hills (or similar)
- 2 nights at the Relais & Chateau Hotel Borgo dei Conti in Umbria (or similar)
- Breakfast everyday in the hotel
- Half day walking Tour in Rome including the visit at the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica with English speaking guide (Day 2)
- Half day walking Tour in Rome including the visit at the Colosseum with English speaking guide (Day 3)
- Half day walking Tour in Siena with English speaking guide (Day 4)
- Half day walking Tour in Firenze including the Duomo and the Uffizzi Gallery with English speaking guide (Day 6)
- Full day walking Tour in Assisi and Deruta with English speaking guide (Day 8)
- Half day walking Tour in Orvieto including the Duomo with English speaking guide (Day 9)
- One dinner at the hotel on Day 4 (3 courses menu- beverages not included)
- 2 wine tasting at the Cantina Poliziano and at the Cantina Biondi Santi in Tuscany ( Day 5)
- Onedinner at the hotel on Day 7 (3 courses menu - beverages not included)
- One lunch in Assisi on Day 8 (3 courses menu - beverages not included)
- One dinner at the hotel on Day 8 (3 courses menu- beverages not included)
- One lunch in Civita di Bagnoregio on Day 9 (3 courses menu - beverages not included)
- Luxury car equipped with A/C for the programmed tours including arrival and departure transfers
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Entrance tickets
- Municipality city tax to pay at each hotel location, as follows:
Siena: 2 Euro per person, per night - to be paid upon arrival
Rome: 3 Euro per person, per night - to be paid upon arrival
Perugia (Borgo dei Conti resort): 5 Euro per person, per night - to be paid upon arrival
- Private car or rail transfers can be arranged from other points in Italy
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
Rome - Upon arrival at the airport your personal driver waiting for you, to accompany you to your hotel. You are free to relax, or begin your stay with a pleasurable walk through the Eternal City.
After an early breakfast your personal guide will meet you at your hotel to take you to the Vatican, the smallest and most famous country in the world. There you will enjoy a unique experience visiting the rooms of the Vatican Museums that house many masterpieces including the Candelabra Room, the Tapestry Room and others. You will also visit the magnificent Sistine Chapel, painted by the master Michelangelo. Your tour continues on to Saint Peter's Basilica, where you will have access to the express entrance: There you can admire Michelangelo's Pietà along with the stunning majesty of the Basilica. After the tour you will be free to continue your walk, with suggestions from your guide including where to enjoy a typical Roman dish.
After breakfast you will meet your guide who will accompany you on an exploration of Ancient Rome, including the Imperial Forum and the Colosseum. Starting at the world renowned amphitheater, the Colosseum, where 50,000 people could watch the spectacles of the gladiators; your guide will help you relive these experiences through the recounting of many stories and events. Following this you will enter into the heart of the commercial and political hub of ancient Rome, the Imperial Forum. Your guide will expertly explain many of the remaining buildings and what the area would have look like when it was first constructed over two thousand years ago.
After breakfast and check-out you will be transported in a luxury car to your next destination. Situated ninety minutes from Rome and between the villages of Montalcino and Montepulciano your next hotel is ideally located in the heart of the Tuscan hills. In the afternoon, you will be accompanied by your driver to one of Tuscany's most famous town, Siena. There you will meet your guide who will take you through the magnificent streets, squares and through several Medieval churches, where you can soak up the unique atmosphere. You will also visit the town's most famous square, Piazza del Campo. Here is where every year since the turn of the 2nd century, the world famous Palio di Siena takes place. You will discover the meaning of Il Palio and what it represents to the Sienese citizens: the rivalry, the typical customs such as "the baptism of the horse" and much more. After your tour you will be accompanied to your hotel where you can enjoy a traditional Tuscan dinner in a warm and inviting atmosphere.
After a delicious breakfast made from many local organic ingredients you will be able to experience one of the things that Tuscany is most famous for – wine tasting. Your driver will accompany you on a tour of several of the region's most famous wineries starting at the Cantina Poliziano Winery, producers of the true Tuscan red table wine, the "Sangiovese". The next winery you will visit is the Biondi Santi Winery to taste one of the best wines in the world, the "Brunello di Montalcino". Each of your tastings will be accompanied by samples of local, toasted bread and olive oil. At the end of the day your driver will return you to your hotel.
Your tour today begins in the magnificent Renaissance city of Florence. After breakfast your guide will escort you through the enchanting streets and piazzas of this city, where you can soak up the wonderful atmosphere. Highlights on this walk will include the Duomo, Florence's main church , which is now part of an UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the wonderful Medieval stone bridge, the Ponte Vecchio. You will also visit the Uffizi Gallery, one of the oldest and most famous art museums of the Western world, housing works by Da Vinci, Botticelli, Giotto, Titian and Michelangelo, to name but a few. At the end of the day your driver will return you to your hotel.
After breakfast and check-out, you will be travelling from Tuscany to another splendid and lesser visited region: Umbria. Best known for the small town of Assisi, and its finely hand-crafted ceramics, Umbria is a jewel of Italy. Once you have reached the Relais & Chateaux Hotel, you will be free to spend the remainder of the day utilizing its facilities. Dinner will be prepared by the hotel's chef with home-grown, organic ingredients and will be served in the magnificent restaurant.
After breakfast you will travel to the magnificent Medieval city of Assisi. With your guide you will explore the town and its many hidden corners. The highlight will be a visit to the Basilica of
Saint Francis, the patron saint of Assisi, now a World Heritage Site. After all this walking you will no doubt be hungry: a culinary surprise awaits you at a special restaurant located in a truly unique place. After your meal, your tour will continue to the famous town of Deruta, where you will visit one of the antique shops: here you will meet Rolando, one of the owner, and learn about the art of creating and decorating the ceramics, before hand-crafting and decorating your own object of art. After returning to your hotel you can treat yourselves to the pool and spa facilities, before dinner at the hotel.
After breakfast and check-out you will depart for Rome with a stop in Orvieto, the ancient fortress city surrounded by an ancient wall. Here you will meet your guide who will escort you to the gothic cathedral and the famous Saint Patrick's Well built in the Medieval times and considered one of the most important architectural wonders of the world. Leaving Orvieto you will enjoy lunch in a restaurant with a truly unique view of the village of Civita di Bagnoregio. In the evening you will return to your hotel in Rome.
After breakfast and then hotel check-out you can enjoy a hassle-free transfer to the airport with your personal driver.