Affordable tours: 7 days in Rome and Amalfi Coast
- Private tour of Ancient Rome
- Private tour of Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Private visit at Pompeii excavations
- Private tour of the Amalfi Coast
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 3 nights at Hotel Romanico Palace 4**** in Rome – 1 double classic room
- 3 nights at Hotel Maison Tofani 4**** in Sorrento – 1 double classic room
- Breakfast at the hotels
- Private transfers with luxury car and English speaking driver for all mentioned transfers
- Private English speaking guide in Rome for a half day tour to Colosseum and Imperial For a (3 hours)
- 2 skip the line entrance tickets to Colosseum and Imperial Fora
- 1 lunch in Rome with view on the Colosseum (3 courses beverages not included)
- Private English speaking guide in Rome for a half day tour to Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica (3 hours)
- 2 skip the line entrance tickets to Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica
- 2nd class train tickets from Rome to Naples (2 passengers)
- Private English speaking guide in Pompeii’s excavations (2 hours)
- 2 skip the line entrance tickets to Pompeii’s excavations
- Private English speaking driver for full day tour along the Amalfi Coast
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Municipality tax at hotels: they have to be paid directly at hotels
- All meals not mentioned in the program
- All transfers not mentioned in the program
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
Day 1 – Rome arrival
After your arrival at Rome’s airport you will be greeted by you private English speaking driver for a direct transfer to your hotel: Hotel Romanico Palace 4****. Check in and free time at your leisure. Overnight in Rome.
Day 2 – Ancient Rome guided tour
After breakfast meet your English speaking driver at the lobby for direct transfer to the Ancient part of the Eternal city: Colosseum and Imperial Fora. With direct access to this remarkable landmark and no waiting in long lines; you will be awestruck even before entering. Once inside, your personal guide will bring to life the ancient world of the various emperors, noblemen, aristocrats, gladiators and wild beasts that once populated this building. At the end of the tour lunch will be served in a really nice restaurant with a stunning view of the Colosseum. After lunch you will be free to enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight in Rome.
Day 3 – Rome, Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
After breakfast at the hotel, meet your English speaking guide and your personal driver at the lobby for a direct transfer to the Vatican Museum. There are no queues and no waiting in long lines as your specialist guide introduces you to the masterpieces of such great painters as Raffaello and Michelangelo. This is one of the greatest collections of art in the world, a collection gathered over the centuries by the Popes of the Catholic Church. You will be enthralled and enchanted by the stunning vision of the Sistine Chapel and also continuing on to the “Cortile della Pigna” ("Court of the Pinecone") and the celebrated Raphael’s rooms. Finally you will have direct access into Saint Peter's Basilica. After the tour you will be free to spend the rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight in Rome.
Day 4 – Rome / Naples / Pompeii / Sorrento
After breakfast and check out at your hotel, you will meet your personal English speaking driver who will escort you directly to the railway for departure by fast train to Naples. Here, meet your private English speaking driver who will transfer you to Sorrento. Along the way, you will stop in Pompeii for an excursion at the excavations. Here, together with your private English speaking guide, you will visit the archeological site and admire the ruins of this famous city that, in AD 79 was submerged by lava from the nearby volcanic eruption of Mt Vesuvius. You will be able to examine up close the daily life of this Roman population and how it was devastated by one of the worst natural disasters in ancient history. The excavations of Pompeii are, due to their importance and relevance, the most visited archeological site in the world. After the visit, your driver will bring you to your hotel in Sorrento: Hotel Maison Tofani 4****. Check in and rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 5 – Private tour of the Amalfi Coast
After breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your personal English speaking driver for a full day tour along the Amalfi Coast. He will drive you to the enchanting rout of the “Divine Coast”: along the way, you will have stops for panoramic viewpoint to make some breathtaking pictures. Then, you will have free time to discover and relax on the top of Positano, a small village with Mediterranean styled pure white houses with bougainvillea plants that cover part of the facades. On the way to Amalfi, you will visit a Ceramic shop in Conca dei Marini. At the end of your visit, your driver will bring you to the nearby Amalfi, one of the oldest maritime republics. Here, you will have free time for lunch, at your leisure. You can choose a lunch overlooking the sea or in a typical little Italian “piazza” surrounded by typically southern Italian scenery. After lunch, free time to wander through the labyrinthine streets and admire the magnificent and imposing facade of the cathedral of Saint Andrea with her unique Arab Norman and Romanesque Style. Later, your driver will escort you to Ravello for relaxing moments on the pittoresque square where you will admire the magnificent panorama who inspired poets, philosophers and beauty lovers of any time. After this tour, your driver will be ready to take you back to your hotel in Sorrento. Rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 6 – Sorrento
Today you will be free to enjoy Sorrento at your leisure, you can have a walk in the beautiful city center, swim in the crystal water of the Mediterranean Sea, or you can get the public hydrofoil at Sorrento’s port and discover the wonderful island of Capri.
Day 7 – Sorrento / Naples
After breakfast and check out, meet your private English speaking driver at your hotel, for a direct transfer to Naples airport to get your flight back home.