4 Day Wine Tour of Tuscany (including Sant'Antimo and Pienza)
- Tuscan hills
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 4 days in boutique luxury hotel La Lupaia (or similar)
- Breakfast everyday in the hotel
- 2 complete dinners in the hotel (beverages not included)
- Visit to the Biondi Santi Winery with tasting of 4 differnt wines including a Brunello Reserve
- Visit to the Prime Donne Winery with tasting of 4 different wines including a Brunello Reserve and olive oil tasting
- Visit to the Poliziano Winery with tasting of 4 different wines including an Asinone Reserve with samples of traditional food products
- Private luxury car equipped with A/C for the entire duration of the tour as programmed
- Personal English speaking driver for the entire duration of the daily tour as programmed
- Guided visit of the Abbey of Sant'Antimo with personal expert guide
- Guided visit at Pienza with personal expert guide
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transfers to and from hotel on days of arrival and departure
- Private car or rail transfers can be arranged from other points in Italy
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES"
NB: we can arrange any transfers to the airport or rail station or suggest another of our "Italy mini tour"
This tour is designed for lovers of fine wines and those interested in exploring several beautiful towns in Tuscany.
You will then depart for another winery that produces the Brunello di Montalcino. In addition to producing a first class wine, an interesting feature of this estate is that it is run completely by women, traditionally an unusual philosophy for a winery. Here you will visit one of the antique rooms of the farmhouse to taste 3 types of DOCG wines (controlled designation of origin guaranteed) where, naturally, the star is the Brunello.
The tour concludes with a visit to a winery whose signature product is famous throughout the world: the Nobile di Montepulciano, also known by the Tuscans as "the true table wine". You will also taste 4 other types of wine, including their exceptional Asinone Riserva. Later when you have returned to your accommodation, you will be free to relax before having dinner in-house.
After your tour, you will return to your hotel where you can relax after having seen so much history and beauty.