Discovering Ostia And Cerveteri
- Ostia Antica
- Medieval town of Cerveteri
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- private luxury Minivan equipped with air conditioning at your disposal with private English speaking driver from the ship and back
- Private guided visit at the Ancient Ostia
- Private guided visit at the Cerveteri Necropolis
- Entrance tickets at Ostia
- Entrance tickets at Cerveteri
- Lunch at restaurant in Cerveteri
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- All meals not mentioned in the program
- All transfers not mentioned in the program
- All that is not expressly listed in "THE TOUR INCLUDES“
You will be met at the disembarkation dock by your personal English speaking driver and accompanied to Ostia Antica, where you will meet your personal guide who will escort you on this journey into the past. This seaside town is located at the mouth of the River Tiber, and is famous for its ancient buildings, magnificent frescoes and impressive mosaics. You will visit the diggings that preserve the remains of much of the town, excavated throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. You will marvel at the beauty of public monuments such as the Theater, the Necropolis, the Temple of Hercules and the synagogue.
These monuments and numerous private structures, will give an enthralling insight into daily life in ancient times. On the way back to Civitavecchia you will then stop for lunch in one of the most well known restaurants in an area, in the heart of Cerveteri medieval town, with a menu specifically designed to showcase the best local products. After lunch you can complete your day tour by visiting this Etruscan archeological site and especially the Necropolis of the Banditaccia. This World Heritage Site is the largest ancient necropolis in the Mediterranean basin and contains thousands of tombs organized in a city-like plan, with streets, small squares and neighborhoods. The beauty of this unique location is spellbinding. After the visit you will return back to your ship.